Nigeria, the most populous nation in Africa with diverse tribes and ethnicity. It has in total two hundred and fifty ethnic groups scattered all over its borders.
In this series, we take you through the various ethnic groups in the country. It is very crucial to note that the top eight ethnic groups with large numbers are as follows,
Yoruba (23%), Hausa (21%), Igbo (18%), Ijaw (5%), Fulani (3%), Ibibio (2.8%), Tiv (2.2%), Kanuri (1.7%) others constitute 23% in total.
Below is a list of the different ethnic groups and where they can be found.
- Uwanno (Weppa-Wanno) Edo State
- Abayon Cross River State
- Abua (Odual) Rivers State
- Achipa (Achipawa) Kebbi State
- Adara (Kadara) Kaduna State, Niger State
- Affade Yobe State Afizere Plateau State
- Afo (Eloyi) Nasarawa State
- Agbo Cross River State
- Akaju-Ndem (Akajuk) Cross River State
- Akweya-Yachi Benue State
- Alago (Arago) Nasarawa State
- Amo Plateau State
- Anaguta Plateau State
- Anang Akwa Ibom State
- Andoni Akwa Ibom State, Rivers State
- Anioma Delta State, Edo State, Anambra State, River State.
Informaton form Wikipedia.